Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Impact of Music

 Sanity is controlled by a plethora of things.  We all have certain things that keep us from going crazy during times in which we feel most vulnerable or things that make us smile when life is throwing its 12 rounds worth of punches, for me and I feel like probably for most of you all its music.   Music has impacted me in ways that I'll never really grasp and understand,  all I will be able to fully comprehend is the fact that a beat, a melody and worthy lyrical content can help me overcome the obstacles I face in everyday life no matter how severe or high each hurdle is.  Not every artist has the ability to extract emotion from us but the special ones have a song for every possible feeling that may be holding us down. Relationships, Money, Struggle, Violence, Family etc. are all things we can relate to so when a musical figure touches one of those subjects and their lyrical content pertains to something that one of us have gone through the music tends to resonate and hit us in a way that tells us keep going, the race is not over there may be a detour to the finish line but the detour only makes the tale of our life much greater.  The fact that someone is born with the gift to help people and change lives through song may be one of the more powerful instruments the world has given us.  I'll share with you some of the artist who help me through and keep me motivated to achieve the goals that I one day hope to obtain hopefully some of  these artist will have the same impact on you as they did me and even though some of these artist I will name haven't exactly been in the industry long or have been out of the game for awhile I hope that you can find the message that they try to convey in their music.  Drake, The Weeknd, Frank Ocean, Jay-z, Little Brother, The Foreign Exchange, Adele, Lauryn Hill, The Fugees, J. Cole, Wale, Kanye West, Common, Dilatated Peoples, Curren$y, Big Krit, A Tribe Called Quest , Lil Boosie, Kid Cudi, Tupac, Biggie and Lil B the BasedGod ya I said it Lil B are all artist whose messages have spoken to me in times of need and I hope that you do the research so they can possibly do the same for you.

Currently Listening to The Weeknd-Material Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment